How Google My Business Helps SEO
Google wants to make everyone happy. When people get what they are looking for, they’re more inclined to use the search engine, which makes its ads more valuable.
Therefore, Google regularly introduces new tools and features that businesses can use to improve their visibility. One of them is, “Google My Business”, which promises to help local companies get more visibility than ever before.
What Is ‘Google My Business’?
By using ‘Google My Business’, business owners can take charge of how their business is displayed over all the Google’s platforms.
Let’s take a look at the features and benefits that ‘Google My Business’ offers:
- Information consistency. Updating your data in ‘Google My Business’ practically guarantees the accuracy of one’s business information on Google, and any third-party apps or services that depend on Google to get their data. You can update your business’s name, address, phone number, and any other details that you may like.
- Visibility throughout the web. Using ‘Google My Business’ gives more visibility to your business. Many third-parties depend on Google for their information, so completing your business profile on ‘Google My Business’ will also increase your chances of getting featured on them.
- Better first impressions. The best thing that ‘Google My Business’ offers is that you can upload photos or videos. You can use them to show off some of your best products and services or simply display your storefront, leading to more powerful impressions.
- Insights. Google also offers businesses using the platform analytics data, which shows exactly how and when customers are finding your entries. With this information, you can tweak your campaigns to further improve your visibility.
- Posts. Another important advantage is that you can create your own “posts,” that users will see when they evaluate your business. These can be anything from limited-time offers, or articles that provide value to your customers.
- Bookings. ‘Google My Business’ also gives you the opportunity to accept bookings online if your business takes appointments.
- Review management. As you are aware, your business reviews are a crucial component of your marketing strategy. With a ‘Google My Business’ account, you can turn all your Google reviews into a two-way conversation. It is a perfect opportunity to make up for a bad situation, or thank your customers for recognizing your stellar services.
The best part is that ‘Google My Business’ is free. There’s no cost to sign up or maintain your account.
If you’d like to learn more, schedule a free consultation with JP Marketing, the best SEO company in Texas with 10+ years of experience.